Tuesday 29 April 2014

Autism Positivity Flashblog Day 2014 "Expressions of PosAutivity: #AutismPositivity2014"

April 30th is Autism Positivity Flashblog day and I can't think right now so I am having trouble coming up with something.  I have too many exciting plans that I can't talk about yet!
Autism has never meant anything bad to me.  Being autistic is just the way I am.  I was born this way and always will be this way.  It is a way of being.  I like being "a little different".
I have a lot of anxiety, especially when I am at meetings with other people.  I also struggle to focus when listening to a speaker.  Autism has given me the skill to be able to repetitively draw circles.  I try to draw the perfect circle which of course never happens!  It helps me focus and decrease my anxiety while at meetings and groups.  It may come across as rude to the speaker but it is actually more of a compliment to them since I am trying to focus on them.  I am able to focus the more distractable and anxious part of my brain on my circles while giving the rest of my brain the ability to focus on the speaker.  See, we can multitask!
Once my circles are drawn, I spend hours colouring them.  I try to find just the right colours for each picture.
I have now progressed from just filling a page with circles to actually drawing something and filling it and the rest of the page with circles.  I'm not very skilled at drawing so the designs are simple but neat looking when filled with circles and coloured!
  The old version!                             

New Version


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.